The waiting is finally over for some and I couldn’t be more pleased for this new addition to the Canon family. The only major glitch is one must live in Europe or Asia. Canon has no plans for a U.S. launch.
Canon unveiled the the new EOS M3 back in February. A little mirror-less jewel that packs a lot of punch for its amazing size with a whopping 24.2 mega pixel sensor.
Personally, as a professional photographer and avid traveler, this little beauty is exactly what I needed and desired so desperately. When traveling for personal recreation I could leave all the heavy professional cameras and lenses behind without sacrificing creative image quality. The camera’s size would help make future travel experiences much more enjoyable. But wait a minute, no U.S. launch, how very disappointing!!
Key Features is the compact size and weight, and other features include a whopping 24.2 Mega Pixel Sensor that may appeal to the photography travel buff. Also, the availability to share images and control the EOS M3 remotely using the built-in WiFi function. Along with Dynamic NFC, it is also possible to control the camera via tablet or smartphone, with control over settings made easy via the Camera Connect downloadable app. The video option lets one capture Full HD 1920×1080 movies at 24p and 30p in MP4 format with full exposure control.
The Canon EOS M3 was released today with a price tag of £599.99 / €769.99.
Canon’s advertising programs in the U.S. should read,
” You look but don’t touch”
“All the things you like and need in a small camera, but America, you can’t have it ! “
CAMERA KEY FEATURES
- 24.2 MP APS-C size CMOS sensor
- Premium image quality using DIGIC 6 Processor
- Selectable ISO range of 100-12,800 with expansion to 25,600
- Hybrid CMOS AF III focusing with 49 AF points
- Focusing assist with Manual Focus Peaking and AF+MF
- Large, tilt-type 3.0in (1,040k) 3:2 ClearView II touchscreen with sRGB color reproduction
- High quality Full HD 1920×1080 movies at 24p and 30p in MP4 format with full exposure control
- Built-in WiFi with NFC support
- Fully compatible with Canon Speedlite System and advanced levels of controls
- Premium body construction and handling with stainless steel chassis and all aluminium exterior
Read the latest release news issued by the Canon’s Professional Network by clicking this link: http://cpn.canon-europe.com/content/news/canon_launches_the_eos_m3.do
Contributed by: Martin J. Allred www.floridaography.com